Sunday, November 20, 2011

Checking In

The writing I got in this weekend was very limited. We got our first few inches of snowfall so driveways and sidewalks needed shoveling, plus other odds and ends around the house needed taking care of. Since I've started writing every day now, I've noticed that the words are coming easier. Usually I take a sentence and mull it over for a while and then finally tap it out on to the computer. Now I can do that with paragraphs. Just like going to the gym, you have to do it every day to build up that muscle!

I need a new title for my short story. When I first gave it a working title of "The Machine That Knew Everything" I had a different idea in mind. But I find that with each paragraph, the story writes itself. This is incredibly frustrating for me because I like to plan out the smallest details and have yet to come up with an outline of where this story is going. This story will be finished by the end of Thanksgiving weekend and I will post it here.

Also, I am reading Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. Fantastic! I even purchased the audiobook so I could listen to it while at the gym.

3 comments:

  1. With our busy season in full swing, I've found very little free time to do some writing. I have polished up the story I posted earlier, but I'm stuck on what to do with the middle part of the plot. Plus I forget that anyone reads this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy season at the full time job, that is... A little warbly in the brain tonight. What a perfect time to write!

    ReplyDelete